Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Things I Forgot I Missed About Babies

It's been five years since I had a newborn in the house. I'm not the kind of woman that coos over everyone's babies or asks to hold them. I'm not much of a baby person...except when it comes to my own sweet bundles. But I have to say that having Mie in the house is even better than I remembered. There's so many things I forgot that I loved about babies.

-Baby yawns. Eyes all squished tight with that perfect oval mouth.


-Baby stretches. She twists her body, arches her back, and thrusts her fists into the air in what the boys call her Victory Pose.



-Sleep expressions. I swear it's the best show in town when she twitches her eyebrows, grimaces, pouts, giggles, and grunts athletically all while fast asleep.

-That indescribable baby smell. I love it. I don't even mind the nastier smells.

-Baby shoes. I never really had shoes for the boys so I just couldn't imagine how adorable my baby girl in pink converse would be.

-Hair accessories. Same deal. Girls are way, way more fun to dress up. Yes, Tammy, it is like having a live doll. I admit you were right.

-Baby stares. When Mie looks at me she is completely focused on me. Her brows tighten up and it's like she's memorizing my face. And I know I'm the center of her universe.

-Baby smiles. They're still really rare right now (well, now it's a month later and she smiles like a champ), but they just melt my heart. I can't wait till she starts to laugh while awake. (Well, now it's two months later and she has the most awesome laugh.)





-Baby's big brothers. It wasn't exactly the same when Jarom was a baby because Keahi is far more self absorbed than Jarom. Plus Jarom is older as well as being a younger brother so he was so excited at the prospect of becoming the big brother. He hovers around her and can't seem to stop chanting her name. He calls her his baby.








4 comments:

Robbie said...

Super cute! I guess your timing for having her was just right, then, and you're doing a great job! I can't wait to meet her and see you all again soon!

Lani Roehl said...

I was just thinking I hadn't seen many pics of Mie yet. She is gorgeous!! I hope we get to meet her soon!

Jesse said...

She's pretty cute alright.

Web design company said...

Nice and interesting post!