Thursday, November 6, 2008

Quote of the day

This one was a bit too long to put in the sidebar so here's the story:

Jarom usually doesn't like bread--I know, whose kid is this--so when we were at Subway on Monday I had few hopes of him eating the outside of his sandwich. But he got the idea that it was a bridge so I made up a song variation of London Bridges and sang: "Brooklyn bridge falling into your mouth, into your mouth, into your mouth. Brooklyn bridge falling into your mouth, all the way to your stomach." And I'd trail my fingers down from his mouth and tickle his tummy. He loved it. And after the second time I sang it, Keahi piped in with:

"You mean all the way to his anus!"

True, that's more accurate. Though I'm more concerned with the filling of his tummy than what happens afterward. And it would be nice if Keahi learned how to whisper his little jokes.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I had to read that to my sister as I deemed it too important to keep to myself. She wants to know how a 4-year old even encountered the word "anus." I think it's spectacular, like when Garrett used to ask visitors if they wanted to see his "scrum" (scrotum).

Melinda said...

oh, our husbands are too similar. i'm just not surprised that keahi uses the word anus. i fully expect isaac to by 4. ella's more like me, we prefer to talk about more plesant things, like gas.

Melinda said...

PS lets see these leather boots.

wanna see isaac's haole rot? tropical fungus is just not as fun as cool boots.

lishajeanne said...

I love it when kids get too smart and let everyone know it! Joys of being a mom!

Robbie said...

Wow! That made me laugh for like a minute straight! And great follow up comments, friends. Keahi! That's like the second time we've seen anus in one of his quotes, yeah?

Maren said...

Cailin, I think your boys are too smart for their own good! Seriously! I do think it is quite entertainig though! Keep 'el coming!