Friday, April 3, 2009

And the training wheels come off...

Keahi reminded Iz on his birthday that turning 5 was when the training wheels on his bike were supposed to be removed......so on Monday for FHE we talked about the importance of healthy living and the word of wisdom and then went next door to the empty playground basketball court to practice what we preach. We spent about half an hour or so laughing and falling (Keahi only) and watching as Keahi slowing got the idea of balancing himself. I missed out on his only significantly long ride (maybe 10sec) but here are a couple cute ones.

And this past Monday I took Keahi by myself (Iz stayed home with a very cranky Jarom) and he got a lot better. Of course, I couldn't record it while I was helping him so you'll have to take my word for it. He stayed on for maybe a full minute. Excellent progress.
Click to play this Smilebox greeting: Keahi no training wheels
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting

6 comments:

beth said...

Way to go Keahi! I don't think we're brave enough yet to take off training wheels.

ps - I was just catching up on your quotes. 9,000 would be MMMMMMMMM if you lived in Rome back in the day. More recently you could just write M(X) or you could have a bar over the X instead of the (). The parenthesis or the bar multiply a number by 1,000.

Robbie said...

Awesome! I was thinking he was too young to learn to ride a bike, but then I thought, wait a minute, that's how old I was when I learned! Go Keahi!

Robbie said...

Oh! And I love the latest quotes! Keahi teaching Jarom how to say sorry and it's okay--that's classic! Good idea for GC, making it a little easier to pay attention to.

Maren said...

Seriously, he's wicked smart. And not just books n stuff. Bikes too! My nephew can't read yet... he's been 5 since January! lol

Mariko said...

What a smarty. I just read about the roman numerals. He's a math genius too.
I'm pretty sure it's 9 M's. Annoying, yes? I wouldn't want to write a million.

Keri and Aaron said...

Awesome Keahi! We'll have to go riding together in the mountains soon! That is seriously cool. Jada's got to get on the bike soon too!