Wednesday, May 27, 2009

And We're Outta Here

I've been neglecting our blog for so long I only recently realized I hadn't announced that we're moving yet. On the first of July we'll be driving our new minivan and a big moving truck to Grosse Pointe (yes, like movie), Michigan. It's where we originally wanted to go and we're happy we'll still get to live there and really grateful we got to experience living in Brooklyn this past year. We love it here and we're going to miss so many things. But when I think about the extra space and, oh boy, a second bathroom I can't wait for July to get here. The actual packing and driving there part I could do without. But since I can't avoid it much longer I better get back to it.

9 comments:

Maren said...

Congrats on the move (not the movING, heaven knows I HATE that part too!) You'll just be more grateful for the space you'll have I think! So you're moving July when?

beth said...

Hooray! I can't wait until you get here.

Pamela Palmer said...

I just want to say that you are amazing. I saw how quickly you learned to navigate new york and have no doubt you'll do the same in michigan. Just goes to show what a couple of people with brains and energy and a good relationship can do (medical school, kids, moving, etc.) I'm in awe of you.

IZ said...

Navigating is easy when you've got GPS ;)

ali said...

congrats, i wish we could have made it up to see you in NYC before you left, but good luck and hope to run into sometime. we are probably off to another local by the end of the year but it's still all up in the air.

Mariko said...

I also wish we could come. Or maybe just Me. Yeah. I still am hoping for some kind of miracle. 'Course, you guys will just be packing, and that would not be fun. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.
Talking to you the other day definitely made me miss you guys even more!

bentanelle said...

WHAT?? We just got to jersey and we don't even get to see you?? We need to get together before you move. I will email you..

Lani Roehl said...

I totally didn't even know you guys were moving into our backyard!! Do you need any help unpacking things? I've got doctor's appts and a meeting on the 1st, but I'm off on the 2nd and 3rd during the day. Let me know. It isn't that far of a drive :)

Leah said...

more posts!