Friday, July 17, 2009

The Last of our Brooklyn Adventure

I stopped updating the blog for so long I missed out on posting some really cute pics of the kids squeezing the last bit of Brooklyn in before we moved. We went to Coney Island and did Astroland. Keahi liked the little roller coaster but it was too much for Jarom. The free fall ride Keahi insisted on riding was also a poor pick. But it was all very entertaining--and expensive--and I'm glad we made it there. And we finally made it to the sea lion show at the aquarium. And Jarom even got a kiss out of it. We tried to do a 3D motion ride with Keahi--Plante Earth--but he again got freaked out. It wasn't as bad as the Monsters of the Deep Iz took him on before, but I guess even gentle humpback whales are intimidating when they're swimming right toward you. I thought it was awesome-especially the jets of water spray and the bubble machine. Apparently another little boy was even more frightened by all of this than Keahi since he peed in his pants. I gave my only diaper to the mom, crossing my fingers that Jarom held off on number 2 till we got home.

Of course we had to return once more time to the Bronx Zoo and ride a camel since the Skyfari had been shut down. Keahi finally warmed up to feeding the farm animals and we all got front row seats to a peacock mating dance.

And we all loved the new exhibit Fly, Jump, Run at the Brooklyn Children's Museum. It actually made us want to get a Wii. So here's some of my favorite moments from our last few weeks in Brooklyn.





1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

Fun pictures and updates! I can't believe you're in Michigan now, how crazy! Do you miss Brooklyn or is it good to be in a smaller place?