Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Warm Spell

Last week thing suddenly started warming up, hitting the 50s no less. So we took advantage by dressing in light layers--I even got to wear my denim jacket I'd almost forgotten about--and headed to the playground. It was insanely crowded, of course, with like minded parents and nannies. But we weren't complaining. Keahi even got to play with one of his classmates, Edoardo. As a bonus perk, he had also brought his blue sunglasses so I was able to capture this kodak moment. Keahi's been saying he can't wait for summer time and that he's done with winter. When I reminded him of how much he loves winter and snow, he pointed out that it's been cold with no snow. I have to agree with him on this: what's the point of cold without snow?

So the boys enjoyed running around and jumping off of high things. You might not be able to tell from the pics, but the ladder they're leaping from is a bit taller than me. Such daredevils.

It started to cool off a bit by Saturday but I held onto my illusions by wearing said denim jacket with no tights. Luckily, our friends the Johnstons drove over from NJ and picked me and the kids up or I'd have paid for my wardrobe choices. They also brought Brad, Heather and their not-so-little Braden with them. We haven't seen them since Grenada so it was great to catch up. The kids had a blast with the water area (as per usual) and I actually got to see the tiny reading corner as well as discovering the building toys. I love how gender specific the kids' playing tended to be with my boys roaring with dinos and sweet Jada craddling her dolls. By the end, Jarom was asking to go home and Keahi, of course, had no intention of leaving. I maybe should have tried to snap a group pic at the beginning because all I could manage was sans Braden and minimal participation from Keahi. Jada, of course, was perfectly willing to sit or pose for any and all pictures. Later in the afternoon, after his nap, Jarom was still wiped and lay down on the rug in the living room while Keahi and I built bugs. Of course, Keahi joined him. I kinda like tired kids.....as long as they're happy-tired not whiny-tired.

Kids are fun. Exhausting. But fun.

4 comments:

Leah said...

visit me in the winter and you get cold + SNOW + animals + skiing + me! yay yay yay! Any of this enticing to you?

cailin said...

Tell us when. We definitely want to visit. It's just Iz's silly schooling that gets in the way. Remember, visits here are welcome, too.

IZ said...

we should definitely try for next winter. I need to get my boarding fix in!

Leah said...

Awesome!