Thursday, November 19, 2009

Birthday Morning

I don't know what the rest of the day will be like but so far I'm very happy with the start of 31st b-day. When I went to get the boys, Keahi immediately burst into a lovely rendition of the birthday song--and he's currently singing it again for me now that he's finished his breakfast. And he gave me an imaginary Warm Fuzzy (all you Joy Schoolers know what that is). His bright cheerfulness made up for Jarom's extreme whininess and refusal to tell me happy birthday after daddy came in and tried to prompt him. Then when we walked downstairs I saw why Iz had come to bed so late. The house was completely sparkling clean. Yay! No cleaning for me today. Iz left to go to Einstein Bagels for our breakfast while I made some yummy Trader Joe hot chocolate. I accidentally stepped on Jarom's toes and he began to wail. Keahi quickly ran to him and gave him a hug before I even got to him. Then he kissed his feet repeatedly while I tried to cheer him up with songs. Tried and failed. Jarom only cheered up when Keahi ran and got him a red warm fuzzy from yesterday's joy school lesson and had it waddle up Jarom's arm to his shoulders. Then when Jarom spilled his hot cocoa on the ground I got two paper towels for us to wipe it up and Keahi sprang out of his chair and said, "Let me do that for you!" Wow. What a great helper. Then we enjoyed a breakfast of bagels and pastries and now I've gotta go get ready for school and the gym. Oh and I got a birthday spaceship of magnaforms from Keahi and a photo message on the desktop from Iz. A great start, don't you think?

4 comments:

beth said...

Sounds like a wonderful start. I hope Jarom gets over his grumps for you soon. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Mariko said...

Einstein bagels!?!?! You are totally spoiled. TOTALLY.

Happy birthday. What a beautiful present to wake up to a clean house. Most days I wake up I am surprised, yet again, what filth I can manage living in. :)

I hope we'll hear all about the amazing food you're going to eat today.

Robbie said...

That is totally nice of Iz. He knows what kinds of presents matter most to a mom! and Keahi's sweetness to Jarom melts my heart, pardon the cliche expression! Glad your day started off so wonderfully!

Natalie R. said...

What a great family to take such great care of you on your special day. :0) Have a fantastic birthday!!!