Monday, May 31, 2010

On Demand: Heaven or Hell?

In the midst of my packing/cleaning madness, I have reason to be very grateful for the On Demand function of our cable subscription. The kids sit watching mindless shows while we try to get ready for tomorrow's move. And this has been going on for weeks since I put away most of their toys and games a while ago. So today is Memorial Day and it's gorgeous. Eighty degrees with blue skies and a light breeze. And what are my boys doing? Watching Go, Diego, Go. And later they're going over to the Smith's house to play Wii. I remember when I didn't even know what a Wii was and Keahi would watch a half hour of a movie he liked and then be done and want to go do something else. Like read. And now we have On Demand marathons. Bad, bad mommy.

The next time we move I want a full service moving company where all I do is provide some donuts and juice and watch them pack up our lives in neat, labeled boxes and my kids can play with their things right up until the move. And I want it as part of an employment package. Is that asking too much?

2 comments:

Lani Roehl said...

It was a beautiful day, wasn't it? I wish I could have been some help for your move. Amen to the full-service movers!! I hope you get them next time ;)

Jesse said...

If you need to get out of the city, the black canyon, about an hour south, below the hoover dam has some awesome kayaking, hiking, etc. My all time favorite hotsprings is down there too and lot of smaller, cool ones too. Good luck in Vegas guys.