Tuesday, May 4, 2010

And it actually paid off

I know I've missed lots of major events including Keahi's 6th birthday and Easter but I just don't feel like a big catch up. Instead, here's a quick tribute to the glory of Joy School. I spent 3 weeks teaching unit 8 Individual Confidence and Uniqueness and it was a roller coaster ride jam-packed with looping mood swings of 6 three year olds, unlooked for twists like a child peeing in his pants while I'm holding another child's paint-covered foot for the Footprint page, and freefalling whines seeming to last forever. But, it was all worth it to see their proud faces when the finished putting together their All About Me books. And, of course, there were plenty of joyful times along the way as well: Hallie, the diplomat, declaring that all the JS kids were her best friends (after every other person had picked Sam as their favorite--except for Jarom who claimed William and Lightning McQueen as his best buds), Jarom recognizing all his classmates' name tags (hurray!he's actually listening to my attempts to teach him), and watching each of them confidently declare all the things they're talented at. Hallie is an artist and dancer. Jarom is a racer (who wants to grow up to be Lightning McQueen). I wish I were as sure in that department. So, cheers for my darling Joy School kids. And cheers that tomorrow is my last teaching day so that starting next week I'll be able to use that time for packing. Huzzah.


1 comment:

Robbie said...

go Mrs. Temple! Auntie Cailin? Whatever they call you--great job! I really admire how you take on the JS challenge. I have a long way before I even contemplate such a thing, but it definitely sounds hard. Those kids are so cute!

Good luck with packing and moving!