Saturday, September 5, 2009

I, Bargain Hunter

Anyone who knows me knows I detest pictures of myself and try to delete as many as I can when allowed....which is why I'm always behind the camera documenting events instead. So it's more than passing strange for me to post a picture of myself. Especially alone. Shudder. There's just nothing natural about a solo picture. But, I wanted to share my newest--well, more like revived--love: bargain hunting. I love this top I got from my new favorite thrift store called Sunshine T.S. for, get this, fifty cents. Yup, every Saturday this summer they've got 2 color tags for just fifty cents and another color for half off. I love this place. I've also found a brand new with tags Ann Taylor Loft top for fifty cents and an Armani Exchange jacket for seven dollars. My other favorite place to find bargains is garage sales. These cream cords from Banana Republic that happen to fit perfectly came from an awesome garage sale for twenty-five cents. At this place, I also got sweaters and pjs for the kids for two for twenty-five cents. Love it! So I just had to take a picture of one of my new outfits that I got for a grand total of seventy-five cents. Why would I ever go retail?

9 comments:

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

those pants are awesome!!!
I can't believe how cheap everything was.
You look great. Stop worrying and post more pictures of yourself.

beth said...

You are definitely the queen of bargains! I need to follow you around more often.

Natalie R. said...

Darn, I should've made you take me shopping while we were in Brooklyn! I'm not a good shopper, for bargains or at normal rates. Someday you'll have to teach me. :0)

Mariko said...

Do you know WHY that outfit is 75 cents? Because NO ONE else would ever fit that outfit. You totally lied in your comment on my diet post.

:)

You look super cute, as always. I feel the same way about pictures, but I think you have nothing to worry about.

cailin said...

Mighty, the right clothes can hide anything. And those 3 lbs I had lost have rejoined the fold. Sigh.

Melinda said...

i remember going to savers with you awhile back and you were all about business. getting the right tags, using coupons, going on the right day. it was awesome. i only wish isaac hadn't been with us. and hadn't pooped all over me. although that did force me to get a new outfit. remember that?
ephraim just talked with a friend from michigan and he said grosse point is a posh area. so armani and loft make sense. lucky you!
and yes, you always look great! you'd look amazing in a garbage bag. but it wouldn't be as fun as that top!

Denzil and Brittany said...

Cailin you look great. And I love the clothes. Oh the life of a bargain shopper!! Hope you guys are doing well. Wish we could have seen you when you were in Brooklyn.

Sean and Kristina Kelly said...

I love that! When you can find it steal, it feels so good, doesn't it? I love to hit the Springtime garage sales and we have found some pretty amazing stuff as well. You are a super shopper woman, you know that?

Shauna said...

You inspire me! Cute outfit and knowing that it cost so little makes even more attractive! Btw, you should post pictures of yourself!