Friday, September 4, 2009

Michevious Jarom

1st Incident: Starting about 2 months ago, Jarom has been staying up past his bedtime after being put into his bed. He talks, sings, climbs up his brother's bunk, and runs around his tiny room in circles like a crazed monkey. We've tried soft reminders, louder reminders, laying in bed with him to keep him still, and spanking. We've yet to find the right combination. Then, a few weeks ago he added a new one to his usual antics. We heard him moving around upstairs so Iz went to go check on him only to find him sitting up in his bed gazing out his window. When he turned around to face daddy, his adorable, michevious face was decked out Kabuki style. Iz discovered that he'd gone to the potty and decided to put baby powder on himself. And then decided to fill the sink, tub and toilet with the stuff. And then, for good measure, decided to apply it to his entire face. Iz said there were also streaks across the sleeping Keahi whom Jarom had probably attempted to awaken to join in the fun. That's our diaperless, Kabuki Jarom.

2ns incident: During his naptime, I heard him moving around in the bathroom upstairs so I went to see if he needed help getting his diaper back on before climbing back into bed. This is what I saw.



Again, diaperless. This time soaking wet. And covered in white bits. Yup, that white stuff all over him, the floor, and filling the sink and the toilet was toilet paper. He'd used up an entire roll in minutes. And when I asked him why he was wet (assuming he'd gotten in the shower or splashed himself at the sink), he calmly informed me that he'd stuck his head in the toilet. And since he isn't strong enough to flush the toilet by himself, it's safe to assume that was pee water all him and everything else. Keahi has never done this before. It has never entered his head as a possibility to stick his head into pee water. Why does that make perfect sense to Jarom? Who knows. All I know is it was a fun afternoon of disinfecting the bathroom.

6 comments:

beth said...

HAHAHA! So funny because it didn't happen to me....yet. Maybe I shouldn't let Jarom play with William. I don't want him picking up new tricks. Will has already clogged our sink with a roll of wet TP, and stuck his hands in the potty plenty, but not his head yet.

Natalie R. said...

Oh my goodness, how awful!! Wow, I don't even know what I would do in that situation, but I don't think it would be good!! I'm sure you handled it very well.

Leah said...

when I was Jarom's age (I think, but I know it was at the "old house" in Kahuku) I mashed a whole bunch of bananas in the bathroom sink. I can't remember why I did it, I think I was kid-experimenting. And then when my mom found me, she got mad because the sink was clogged. And then she asked me if I had thrown up, and I lied, knowing I wouldn't get in as much trouble if I was "sick" than I would have if I had admitted I really just mashed bananas in the bathroom sink....

cailin said...

Ha. I love your quick thinking, Leah. Always go for the sympathy angle.

Arron said...

When I was very little, maybe Jarom's age, I was fascinated with the flushing of the toilet. We lived in the upstairs apartment and the guy underneath of us apparently thought we had some serious intestinal weakness. Mom tells me that I tried to flush a roll of toilet paper down the toilet by repeatedly flushing the toilet to pull the paper off the roll. Maybe I should try that again with the wisdom that age has given me. Such a funny kid.

I'm pleased that you had enough gravitas to grab a camera to first document the event before putting on the parent hat.

ali said...

Teo now has a friend in crime, we too experience the splashing good fun of a toilet bowl swim!!! so far Teo has managed to get into every toilet...and we've quickly said good bye to 1 teddy bear, 2 toy boats and who knows what else??? I douse him in hand sanitizer (the big Costco bottle) before I bathe him...at least I am a clean freak about bathrooms