Sunday, April 22, 2012

Vocab Hilarity

I love that Keahi gets to go to the third grade GATE class. Aside from all the amazing projects and getting to be with the older kids, I'm always impressed with the vocab lists they get. I'm pretty sure when I was in the second grade we didn't learn words like catharsis and abomination and castigate. Plus, I really get a kick out of the sentences Keahi writes with these words. He's always disliked writing unless it was a long list of scientific facts so he never puts much effort into these sentences. Hence, sentences like "He is very callous." or "A hat is sometimes very capacious." Then lately he would tell me about how the kids were all making funny sentences about each other. He liked writing about Ethan. But I think the teacher started to discourage this so Keahi came up with E-man as the star of his vocab list. My sister and mom were both visiting when Keahi brought home this gem of a list.

I had a cathartic experience when I punched E-man.
The group met in a caucus and were talking like crazy about killing E-man.
To be a cerebral person you must ("learn a ton" was scratched out)eat E-man.
I catapulted E-man into the chasm.
I stole E-man's chattel which is a video game.
I chided E-man for saying that he's awesome.
E-man is circa 1,000,000,000,000 years old.
A citadel fell on top of E-man.
E-man has chronic brain loss.

And my favorite one because it's just so Keahi.....
I certify that I am awesome.

I wish I knew what the other kids brought home to their parents. Maybe in some other house people were in stitches over sentences about K-man.

No comments: