Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hero Worship

Jarom's got it bad. You might even call it idolatry. For Jarom, Keahi is a god. He's the coolest thing on two legs and everything he does must be emulated: from saying the same made-up gibberish phrase of the moment to wearing his clothes whenever allowed, Jarom tries his best to be just like his big brother. He threw a fit when Keahi wore his Dr. Seuss backpack to church and he was left with nothing. Luckily I remembered the monkey pack I had gotten for the airport layovers on our way here. Now every time we take Keahi to school, they both have packs on their backs. Of course, Jarom's has a tail which Keahi loves to hold onto as he takes him for a walk.


If Keahi wears his boots, Jarom must wear his boots. If Keahi wears sunglasses, Jarom must follow suit.



And if Keahi likes lying on his back in the bathwater, it must be fun and not as scary as originally supposed.


Sometimes it works in my favor to have Keahi hold so much power over Jarom. Other times, not so much. But no matter what, I know that my boys love each other very much.

3 comments:

beth said...

William is the same way. He even wears Cinderella dresses if I let him. Silly kids!

Unknown said...

That bathtub shot is one of the best kid pics I think I've ever seen. Truly. Morgan does not feel secure unless she knows where Garrett is at all times-if he's not in the bedroom when she wakes up, she is not a happy camper.

cailin said...

The first thing Jarom does when he wakes up is ask, "Where's Keahi? Keahi sleeping? Keahi, wake up!"