Friday, September 12, 2008

My New Favorite Thing

is definitely Greek style yogurt. I just shared one with Jarom and decided that it was play time for him so I could blog about this amazing food. Yeah, it's that good. I didn't bother with the nonfat selection or the 2% compromise and instead went straight for the whole shabang. I figured, it's my first taste and I want it to be the real thing. I don't know brands or quality levels but I'd have to say that this all natural strained Greek yogurt with strawberries was an incredible 12-grams-of-fatty-goodness experience. I loved the thick creaminess with just a hint of tartness to increase salivation. It just slid down my throat with a sense of Now This is Yogurt. After the first bite, Jarom excitedly said, "Cream. Cream." I asked if he wanted more yogurt and he shook his head and said, "More cream please."

Now I really have to try out that frozen yogurt place down the road. I'm not usually a big fan but if it starts out this good then freezing it and adding toppings can only be ambrosia.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

See if you can get you hands on some Greek Gods Honey yogurt--you'll think someone scraped cheescake filling into the pot when they made it.

Mariko said...

I really hope that I can take credit for this. I can't, but I did just mention it on my blog recently. Yes. Greek yogurt. What else would a god eat?

Maren said...

OoOooOo I doubt I'll be able to find any of this goodness in Nashville... It seems the finer things in life are lost on folks down here. Not sure if I really mesh with it either... BUT They're opening a Trader Joe's here soonish, so that might change! :)