Friday, August 22, 2008

Coney Island beach

A few weeks ago some moms from the ward hopped on the subway to Coney Island for some fun in the sun. It was our second time on the subway and it went very smoothly--and loudly since the boys are still very amped about it. It was kind of surreal for me to stroll along the boardwalk and see all the iconic sights that I'd previously only seen on screen. We didn't shell out the money for a Nathan's dog (though we did this past Tues. when we went to the aquarium--so yummy), instead we lunched on the ubiquitous pb&j. It was one of those perfect, blue-blue days with very cold water--very different from Grenada. Jarom was nervous about the ocean at first, but then joined in the splashing merriment. We even got to see a jellyfish up close--without being stung. It was a great day with great friends. NY rocks.




Jarom running


Jarom "all fall down"


Keahi trying to coax Brooklynn into the water

3 comments:

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

I'm so glad you like NY. You'll LOVE the Thanksgiving parade and all the Christmas decorations that are soon to come.

I have some advice for you. Make sure you get WARM clothes. My first winter in the East Coast was miserable. The second winter I got a down jacket and it was much better. In fact I still have a bunch of east coast winter clothes that I will probably never use. Let me know if you could use it and I would be happy to put it in a box and ship it out to you.

cailin said...

That's so sweet of you Damaris--both for being willing to send me clothes and for thinking that they'd fit me.

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

ha! they would fit you no problem. The offer stands for a nice down jacket and an even nicer columbia snow jacket. Just let me know.