Monday, August 25, 2008

The Before Pictures

So we finished moving into our new apartment today. It looks like a storage contain thew up in it--which is actually pretty close to the truth since we had most of this stuff stuffed into a storage unit for 2 weeks. It's about half the size of our last place but I think once I've gotten it organized and cleaned up a bit it'll be great. We've actually managed to get all the furniture we need online from craigslist and freecycle. I love that people give stuff away all the time. Our most expensive purchase was the ikea bunkbed (you can't see it yet cause the kids are sleeping in them right now--so cute in their matching Thomas bedding) because I can't haul away a fully assembled one. That huge corner sofa you can barely make out beneath the clutter and the kitchen table and so much more were all free. Exactly what the drowning-in-loans family of 4 need. Anyhow, I really should get to bed. Gotta get an early start for more unpacking tomorrow. I'll post some After Pictures later.

BTW, the Richards and the Johns rock for helping us move this weekend. Amy John is superwoman because even though we'd previously made plans for one of them to come over while the kids slept Sat. night so we could see Batman in IMAX (a whole nother post, she also offered to watch both kids (she has 2 of her own) while we moved. And then she said if we needed Natlie's help in addition to Cameron's she could watch little Samuel as well. Ummmmmm, I have trouble with my 2 and she's offering to handle 5 by herself? That's above and beyond. I responded that I thought Natalie would probably go help her out instead. Then she offered us dinner for Sunday night. The woman is Santa Claus on steroids. And did I mention the outstanding scones she handed me as I handed off my kids to her? Cinnamon chips. It's all about the cinnamon chips.

So that was a long BTW and I do have to go to bed so here are the pics finally.





Can you tell which room I worked on? Actually that tall stack of boxes in the kitchen area is empty, too.

4 comments:

Mariko said...

Your place looks cute actually. I'm stoked on all the cupboard space. And I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to visit. Now.

cailin said...

Come any time. That black sofa goes flat to be a bed. =)

Maren said...

Cute! Looks like you had a smooth move, and not in the derogatory/insulty way either. I've moved like 18 times in my life, and only 2 or 3 have been smooth ones! :) You'll have to give us another video tour once everything is unpacked and set up! YAY!

Mariko said...

YES! I hope that you don't have those house dragons, I mean centipedes, in this place. Those things freaked me out. I obsessively went searching out all of those sites that Arron linked to, and announced all the disgusting facts to the rest of the group.