Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dylan in the Park

This is why living in Brooklyn is so cool. I was supposed to have a primary presidency meeting on Tues. night but one of the girls said she'd like to postpone it because she was taking her newborn son for his first concert: Bob Dylan at Prospect Park. So I jump on the idea and our little Temple family joined them for our first concert in the Park. When I say "in" the park I mean within the park at large but outside of the bandshell perimeter. There were strategically placed trees blocking our view and I think they did something that muffled the sound because I know Dylan's voice is rough but it's not that bad. But it was still awesome to sit with family and friends, eating greek pasta salad, watermelon and apple pie while listening to Dylan groove. We also noticed that the commencement of music was immediately accompanied by another ubiquitous concert experience--the smell of pot. Incidentally, we also got to see about 6 cops busting a guy about 5 feet from us. The boys were mostly really good except that Keahi started asking to go home at about 9:45. We didn't get home till 11pm and the kids still woke up at 7am the next morning, but it was still awesome. I love living here.

Of course, like an idiot, I didn't take any pictures at the park. So here are a few pics from the car ride home. The kids are wired, I'm tired, and Iz is silly.



No comments: