Sunday, August 10, 2008

Making Connections

Okay so I know people are tired of hearing about my brilliant kid but remember that this is like a journal for me and I don't want to forget things so here's one more example that Keahi must be adopted.

In church last week, Iz was talking to Keahi during the sacrament about Jesus Christ because we're trying to get him to be more reverent and realize what it's all about. He talked to him about how the resurrection, explaining what the word meant, when Keahi chimed in saying, "That just like how in the Chronicles of Narnia when the White Witch killed Aslan, he came back to life." We read that book about 5 months ago. So when someone tells me that just because a kid can decode the words and read the text doesn't mean that they're actually reading and understanding the content, I can look at them and smile. Because obviously Keahi gets what he's reading, remembers it, and can then make connections to new information. Yeah, I love this kid.

Oh and you know how he likes to use new words after he learns them? Now he likes to talk about what's parallel and what's perpendicular.

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

Wow, that's amazing! What a kid. :0) Do you have all of the Narnia books?