Sunday, October 12, 2008

Your Kid Eats Glue?

Mine eats Superglue. Iz had asked me the other day where the superglue was but I had no idea since I've never used it. When Iz got home I informed him that Jarom had found it. And eaten it. I was making dinner and Jarom was standing on a chair looking over the counter while I preped the fish sacks. He kept eating all the green beans and bell peppers so I moved his chair back out of reach, not realizing that there was worse mischief on the counter behind him. His cries made me spin around and the sight of him clutching that tube in his crusty fingers with glue all over his lips and cheek was one of those horrible moments for a mom. At least you can't actually swallow the stuff and it doesn't adhere when wet so I picked off the clumps from his tongue, and scraped the rest off his face. I guess I was also lucky that he was so snotty cause most of it came right off and it was only his cheek that suffered any damage. I tried to get a picture of his reddened, scabbed cheek but it was blurry and then was pretty much gone the next day so there's no pictoral documentation of this egregious parenting mishap. And now the superglue is kept up, up, up, and far out of reach of little curious hands.

So here's a picture taken about 4 days later. Not too bad, right?

3 comments:

Maren said...

Oh my. I would have freaked RIGHT out! Thank goodness it's not really edible! That's so scary! Glad he wasn't hurt more seriously than that!

lishajeanne said...

I would be panicing! I glued my fingers togther once--seriously could not get them apart. Thank goodness for boogars! Never thought I would say that...

Mariko said...

Jake's first response to this?
"Fish sacks? What are fish sacks? I'd rather eat superglue."